Years at Loras: 1977-81
- A two-time NAIA All-American at 167 pounds in wrestling.
- A co-captian of the 1980 Loras squad, Beyer helped lead the Duhawks to a 15-2 dual meet record while qualifying for the NAIA National Championships in Hays, Kansas. At the National meet, Beyer capped a 30-2 individual season by becoming the school's third wrestling all-American with a third place finish.
- Captured his second All-American honor at the NAIA meet in Edmond, Oklahoma, with a seventh place finish in 1981.
- One of only two Loras wrestlers to have qualified for the national meet each of his four years. Beyer earned a trip to the NAIA meet in Whitewater, Wis. as a first-year performer and qualified for the 1979 championships in Wheeling, West Virginia as a sophomore before making his two All-American appearances.
- Toured Japan in 1980 as a member of the USA Freestyle Wrestling Team and still remains active in the sport as an ISHAA wrestling official and vice president of the Eastern Iowa Wrestling Officials Association.